A HALF Marathon (13.2 Mi.) and
The HALF/HALF Marathon (6.7 Mi.)
APRIL 7th, 2018
- HALF Marathon Start: 8:30AM
- HALF/HALF Start: 8:40AM
- HALF Marathon Registration: $40 | $50 after March 10th | $60 race day
- HALF/HALF Marathon Registration: $30 | $40 after March 10th | $50 race day
- Race day registration: + $10 for either race
- (ONLY from 7:00AM-8:15AM – don’t be late!)
- NEW FOR 2018: Altra Demo Day! Looking for shoes? Come try some out.
An Altra tech rep will be at the event this year with a fleet of Altra demo shoes for runners to demo.
All runners must check in prior to the start at Long Ranch Park race morning to receive their bib#.
– Runner check-in from 7:00AM-8:15AM
– Pre-race briefing starts at 8:20AM
– Half Marathon race start at 8:30AM
– HALF/HALF race starts at 8:40AM
UPDATE 4/3/18 – The snow is melting quickly on the half marathon course and shouldn’t be a factor on race day. However, there are two other concerns. The first is that repairs are being done to Waterfall Road that leads up to aid station #2 this week and is scheduled to be complete by Friday. If not complete on schedule there will be a re-route that will increase the course distance from 13.5 miles to 14 miles. The other issue is the weather forecast. The lower section of Waterfall Road is owned by the City of Carson and is being repaired using FEMA allocated money. The upper section of road is owned by the Forest Service and remains washed out and is not part of this construction project. IF we get heavy rains Friday and race day we may also need to re-route the course because it will not be safe to get a vehicle up to the aid station. Again, this re-route will increase the course from 13.5 miles to 14 miles. Please be prepared mentally and logistically for this change. If a course re-route is necessary the second aid station will be moved to the Waterfall Trailhead at approximately mile 9.